Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Handbag Heaven



Tanya shared this wonderful project:
The bags are made from plastic spools like the ones you get in a sewing kit from Dollar Tree or any other dollar store. The first ones I made, I covered with fabric, but the other two are covered with a designer paper that I printed off the internet. First I used Tacky Glue to glue the fabric and paper onto the spools. Next I cut two circles the size of both ends of the spool from cardstock or some other type of thin cardboard. I then glued the two circles to a piece of paper or fabric for the bag I am working on and cut around the circle. Once dry glue the circle pieces face up to each of the ends. Next glue on your straps. I used thin ribbon. Lastly add tiny jewelry findings, nail art or whatever you choose to embellish the bags.